Living Proof Online Event: Sustainable Farming in a Changing Environment
When: Thursday 21 October at 11am
Glanbia Ireland and the European Milk Forum will join Shane O’Loughlin for an online event showcasing how a series of sustainability initiatives have been implemented on his dairy farm at Monasterevin, Co. Kildare.
The live panel discussion will also examine the response of Irish dairy farmers to climate change and the evolving needs of consumers. The panel will include representatives from Bord Bia, Teagasc, the European Milk Forum and Glanbia Ireland.
Topics discussed will include:
- Sustainability in the market place
- Efforts by Irish dairy farmers to respond to climate change
- The evolving needs of consumers and
- The importance of communicating sustainability initiatives at a local, national, and global level
Panel speakers include:
- Shane O’Loughlin, Dairy Farmer
- Zoe Kavanagh, Spokesperson for the European Milk Forum (EMF), CEO of the National Dairy Council (NDC)
- Deirdre Ryan, Director of Origin Green at Bord Bia
- Tom O’Dwyer - Head of Signpost Programme at Teagasc
- John Murphy, Chairman at Glanbia Ireland
- Pat O’Keeffe, Director of Corporate Affairs at Glanbia Ireland
- Shane McElroy, Head of Technical Development at Glanbia Ireland
- Thomas Ryan, Farm Sustainability Manager at Glanbia Ireland
Questions can be sent via EMAIL to email@example.com or TEXT 086 1803947.
First Published: 12 October 2021